The Electronics and Communication Engineering department was started in the year 2001. The department offers B.Tech program that provide students with the knowledge and tools they need to succeed in the Electronics and Communication Engineering. Electronics engineering deals with implementation of applications, principles and algorithms developed among many related fields, for example solid-state physics, radio engineering, telecommunications, control systems, signal processing, systems engineering, computer engineering, instrumentation engineering, electric power control, robotics, and many others. The curriculum is so designed as to give adequate emphasis on the digital processing of information for efficient communication over noisy channels. This branch of Engineering has a key place in the field of computers, Information Technology, Electrical, power system operations, communication systems etc. Hence the job opportunities for Electronics and communication engineers are wide spread across the world.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has always retained high standards and expectations for academic achievement. The department is now meeting the requirement of technological challenges & the technical man power requirement through its updated course curriculum, experienced faculty members, skilled supporting staffs, and with the help of sophisticated laboratories. The department has been strengthened by its reputed faculty members including P.hDs from internationally recognized Universities and organizations. The department has expertise in the areas of Optical Fiber Communication, DSP & Embedded systems, Microelectronics, Instrumentation, Computer Networking, Information Security, Wireless Communication, Microwave Engineering etc. The Department has dedicated faculty members, engaged to enhance the knowledge, skill & talents of the students. Salient Features Well equipped laboratories with modern state of the art facilities.
- Empowering students with regular workshops and add on courses.
- Unending list of University toppers and entrepreneurs.
- Eminent teaching faculty with a blend of industrial exposure, teaching and research experiences.
- Consistent and excellent results in university examinations.
- Well-equipped research laboratory with modern instruments and tools like Microwave bench, Klystrons, Spartan FPGA Kits, ASIC, RTOS, Arduino and IoT Development Kits, Xilinx VIVADO System Edition, Keil, MAT Lab, EDWin XP, Cadance ORCAD etc., ensuring our students to meet industrial standards.
- Extensive industrial collaborations with more than 25 companies by means of Memorandum of Understandings (MoU) and Arrangements (MoA).
- Exclusive tie-up with Entrepreneurship Development Cell to promote self-sustained entrepreneurial career options of students.
- Hobby Clubs support knowledge expansion and skill development of students.
- Placement in top multi- national companies (TCS, Infosys, Cisco, Wipro, Accenture, Orion, Tessolve, Poornam, VVDN technologies and so on).
- Professional bodies like IEEE, IET, IE, ICFOSS etc. are actively running in our department to focus more on career and research oriented education.
- Department Association, AZTECS guarantees to carry out activities which assure employability in a highly competent world.
- National Conference on Information and Communication Engineering (NCICE) being organized every year to promote research publications of teaching and non-teaching professionals, research scholars and students.
Workshop on "Mastering PCB Design and Production using Proteus Software"
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, MBCCET, PEERMADE, conducted a workshop on "Mastering PCB Design and Production using Proteus Software" on 19th February for third-year EC students at the Systems Lab. The session was conducted by Arjun Das P, an alumnus of the ECE Department and lecturer in the ECE Department, Model Polytechnic College, Painav.
EL FIESTA 2023
Electronics and Communication Engineering department, in collaboration with AZTECS (Association of Electronics and Communication Engineering), conducted EL FIESTA 2023 on 6th December 2023.
Technical Talk on Electronics-Centric Advancements
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering of MBCCET, PEERMADE has conducted a Technical Invited Talk on "Electronics-Centric Advancements in the Automotive Industry" for the third year and fourth year EC students on 28th October 2023 at PTA Seminar Hall. The session was handled by Alumni Jeena Raju Poikayil, Software Test Manager, Vitesco Technologies, Bangalore.
Hands-On Experience in Assembling LEDs
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering of MBCCET, PEERMADE conducted a hands-on experience in assembling LEDs for the first year EC students in association with AZTECS (Department Association) on 26th and 27th of October 2023 at IOT and LED Manufacturing Lab.
Add-on Course on 'Basics of Python, Object-Oriented Programming, and Tkinter GUI'.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at MBCCET, PEERMADE, conducted a five-day hands-on training in Basics of Python, Object-Oriented Programming, and Tkinter GUI for second-year ECE students from 11th September 2023, to 15th September, 2023, at the Systems Lab. The session was led by Akash M and Jayasurya T Appu, Software Trainers from QIS Academy, Kochi.
First International Conference on Advanced Wireless Communication and Pervasive Technologies (ICAWCPT-23)
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at MBCCET, PEERMADE, conducted a First International Conference on Advanced Wireless Communication and Pervasive Technologies (ICAWCPT-23) on 25th May 2023 and 26th May 2023. Dr. Pao-Ann Hsiung, Chief Information Officer and Director of the Research Center on AI and Sustainability at National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan, and Dr. Priya Ranjan Meher, RF Antenna Engineer (R&D) at VVDN Technologies, India, were the resource persons.
KTU Sponsored Faculty Development Program on: Open Challenges in Emerging Applications of IoT
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at MBCCET, PEERMADE, conducted a five-day Faculty Development Program (FDP) on "Open Challenges in Emerging Applications of IoT" from 27th February 2023 to 3rd March 2023.
KTU Sponsored Faculty Development Program on: Strategies for Teaching-Learning in the Context of NEP-2020
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at MBCCET, PEERMADE, conducted a three-day Faculty Development Program (FDP) on 'Strategies for Teaching-Learning in the Context of NEP-2020' from 30th January 2023 to 1st February 2023.
ECE Alumni Meet: Electro Reunirse'19
An Alumni get-together of Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, ELECTRO REUNIRSE 2019 was conducted on 16.11.2019. Alumni from different batches attended the meet.
National Level Project Competition : NAVRITI'20
As part of Swastika’20, the national level techno-cultural fest, AZTECS organised the the National Level Technical Fest NAVRITI’20. Various colleges from different states participated in the competition.
A Webinar was organized today by department of Electronics And Communication Engineering department of MBC CET. Ms. Prerana Bharathi, Network Engineer or Tech Mahindra, Pune led the session. There were about 105 participants (students and faculty from other colleges)and the programme was a grand success.